Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I Don't Want To Get Fired, So I'll Make Sesame Green Beans Instead



According to a
news article I read on Yahoo news today, more and more employers are cracking down on blogging employees. People are getting fired for talking trash about their cheap companies, mutant-freak coworkers that don't like to eat, or being bored to death by lunchtime business talk. So today, for fear of being fired, I will not bag on any of the above items and instead, will tell you about the wonderful sesame green beans that I made for dinner!

It's somewhat like the Japanese side dish Saya Ingen Goma-Ae, green beans with sesame miso dressing. Unfortunately, I didn't have any miso paste at home so I had to do some ghetto-rigging using mayonnaise, sesame oil and soy sauce. Here's how:

*Boil green beans until crisp-tender, then shock with cold water
* Whisk together a dollop (half cup?) of mayonnaise (preferably
Kewpie, but if not Best Foods will do) with a tablespoon or so of soy sauce, a tablespoon or so of sesame oil, and a small dash of sugar. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
* Add with sesame seeds to green beans and toss well.
* Chill so the flavor sets a little.

I ate these crisp and creamy beans as an accompaniment to a bowl of cold zaru soba tonight. But the question remains: will it stop me from telling the whole world that I haven't had to hang out with any corporate-political affiliations because I've brought my lunch to work every day this week? Or will it make me stop complaining about the eating habits of coworkers once and for all?

I don't think so.

4 comments:

elmomonster said...

That looks tasty! Gotta try that myself.

But please, oh please, don't stop writing about that Valley ditz who doesn't like food. At least not until she checks herself into therapy or treatment.

Anonymous said...

I think you should have a contest where you let us "loyal" readers figure out where you take the Ditz out to lunch!!!
This looks good BTW.....

Daily Gluttony said...

OK, it's on!!! So what's good for our first round? How 'bout I take her with me to go eat chicken feet and tripe at dim sum?

Anonymous said...

Pam - Wonderful, Sum Ditz for Dim Sum????