Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Politics of Lunching

The price you pay for moving up the corporate ladder is that lunch isn't about lunch anymore; instead, lunch is about business, and that stinks.

I used to look forward to ducking out of the rat maze to go out with my office lunch-buddies. We'd look forward to laughing it up while enjoying some really good food. Now I'm forced to hang out with a bunch of stiffs. Don't get me wrong, they're nice people but geez, talking about new corporate initiatives or the latest Santa Clarita Valley (Stepford-ville) local ordinances while trying to enjoy my burger ain't really my cup of tea.

My planned escape route? None of them ever brings their lunch from home. Well gee, guess what I'm gonna be doing from now on? That way I can hole myself in my office for lunch and surf chowhound. At least I'll be entertained.

No comments: