Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Eat Your Heart Out Ashton



Inspired by a recipe in a recent issue of Self Magazine, I threw together quite a delicious Insalata di Rucola (Arugula Salad) for dinner. According to the magazine,
Dolce Enoteca e Ristorante, an Italian restaurant in Hollywood partially funded by Ashton Kutcher and frequented by other A-listers, serves up this exact recipe. Except I made mine for, what, like 2 bucks?

Here's the recipe in case you wanna get in on the action:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic, peeled
1 tbsp Italian parsley
1 tsp capers
1/4 extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups fresh arugula
2 oz parmesan (I used a little more; 2 oz. ain't enough)

*Place lemon juice, garlic, parsley and capers in a blender and puree until smooth.
*Slowly add oil and blend until emulsified.
*Toss arugula with dressing.
*Shave parmesan with cheese plane or veggie peeler and top salad with cheese.

*I tossed some whole capers into my salad to add some extra zing.

More Hollywood recipes for you Hollywood wannabes
here. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long will this dressing keep in the fridge? I'm a bachelor, cooking for a party of 1. I don't think I can eat 4 cups of arugula in one sitting.

Daily Gluttony said...

Hmm, I'm not sure since we ate it all in one meal. But I'm sure you can just cut the measurements in half. =)

Maria said...

looks good. i like making my own dressing... i'll try this recipe next time.

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Except instead of eating just that, I'd squeeze it into a hamburger. And then I'd eat the hamburger.

Daily Gluttony said...

hey ANONYMOUS, good idea...i loooove arugula in sammiches too!