Sunday, August 14, 2005

More Addictive Than Crack: Japanese Cuttlefish Crackers



I can't stop eating these.

I don't even like them all that much. I mean, I like them. But I don't loooove them.

I picked up this package of Natori Ika Fry "Mayonnaise" at
Mitsuwa today because I was hungry. For a buck-something, you get a pack of 5 large, flat crackers shaped like cuttlefish, smelling like cuttlefish, and tasting of rice cracker and what else--cuttlefish. Can I taste the mayonnaise? Um, I'm not really sure, but what I can taste is all the MSG that will undoubtedly send me into an utter state of thirst sometime soon.

And I only have one left. What am I gonna do?

4 comments:

cinabina said...

hey! i love that store! did you go to the tofufest today or anytime this weekend? Ozomatli played tonight, and I think i spent a couple hours too many at the sake/beer garden! I ate a lot of tofulisciousness!

Anonymous said...

Oh man - this stuff is really great - had a whole package (16oz) from my wife's visit to the Big Island - thought about taking it to work - I'm sure they would've left me alone if I ate that stuff in the office!

elmomonster said...

Mmm...obscure Asian snacks! Flavored with sea creatures! My favorite!

I must take myself to Mitsuwa!

Daily Gluttony said...

Tracinmarie,

Yeah, doesn't Mitsuwa rock? Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to head out to the tofu fest this year...sounds like you had a great time though!

Kirk,

I had one piece left (that's self control, man) and guess what--I did bring it to the office! Mwahahahaha...it'll be my weapon for "Leave Pam Alone Day"

Elmo,

I love your "flavored with sea creatures" line...I can just see that in bright letters on some snack packaging. It'll drive some people away but at the same time, it'll attract buyers like us!