Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Izayoi's Sashimi Orgy On A Plate


I SAID, "Eat me!"

Look what you get for 24 bucks at Little Tokyo's
Izayoi (f.k.a. Hollywood's Sushi Ryo): an artfully presented super FRESH-fest that includes toro (fatty tuna belly), hamachi (yellowtail), shiro maguro (albacore), sake (salmon), tai (red snapper), red salmon, conch, crab claw meat, ika (squid) and ama ebi (raw sweet shrimp).



I'm not totally sure yet, but I think I might like Izayoi's deluxe sashimi platter just a tad more than
Sushi Gen's. Whatever the case, it was absolute food euphoria--I mean, the eyes rolled to the back of the head and everything.

That's all I have to say.

Izayoi
132 S. Central Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 613-9554

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam - The picture is worth a million words - I saw this and had to have sashimi last nite...

elmomonster said...

Shrimp heads, shrimp heads, yummy yummy shrimp heads!

Shrimp heads, shrimp heads, eat them up, yum!

I love deep fried ama ebi heads...I know those in your beautiful pics weren't fried, but man...I think I have to get my fix of deep fried shrimp heads later this week.

Daily Gluttony said...

Kirk,

Isn't that funny when pics make us hungry? I've gotten cravings from ALL Y'ALL'S posts before!

Elmo,

If you're ever in Little Tokyo, go to Haru Ulala (I've written about them a few times). When you order Ama Ebi there, they give you the sweet shrimp raw, but grill the heads on the robata grill.

In your words: "Shrimp heads, shrimp heads, eat them up, yum!" Love that!

susan said...

wow that's such a good deal! i shall go there soon. usually i save up money to goto nozawa but i need a more affordable place to goto, more often. looks yumnmy.