Monday, December 12, 2005

Change Sucks; Change In Plan Sucks Even More



Not knowing what the food situation is over at the new job, I had to go prepared.

Contents of my lunch bag today:
-1 turkey sandwich on a kaiser roll.
-1 baggie full of arugula to put in turkey sandwich.
-1 small tupperware container of romaine, red cabbage & mushroom salad
-1 small jar of red wine vinaigrette
-1 Fuji apple
-1 cheddar cheese stick
-1 blueberry bran muffin
-1 baggie full of Trader Joe's trek mix
-2 Quaker chewy oatmeal granola bars
-2 Nature Valley chewy trail mix bars

Yes sirree, I planned ahead didn't I??? But it didn't fucking matter because I had to go to a 3 1/2 hour meeting that lasted thru lunch in which they decided to order lunch (from El Pollo Loco--ew) which didn't arrive until after 2pm so I staaaaarved and then I ate. But not from my lunch bag. Which kind of makes me mad.

Other than that, everything went OK!

6 comments:

e d b m said...

Pam, that apple on the bottom right corner seriously looks like a krispy kreme donut. stop fooling us!!! haha.

e d b m said...

with the contents of your bag, i would've thought you were planning a hike to yosemite to see Half-Dome haha.

Daily Gluttony said...

Dylan,

Yes that was the idea...to pack as if I were to go on a hike--'cause I didn't know what was in store! But no, that is NOT a Krispy Kreme!!! LOL!

BoLA said...

Ooo... good luck on the new job! =) And yeah, I stash my snack drawer with lots of goodies!!! heehee!

susan said...

congratulations on your new gig! i do a lot of lunch packing for work too bc we only have 30 minutes to eat and everything close to here sucks. sometimes i come in with a grocery bag full of stuff. but better to have good food around then be hungry and be stuck with fast food/vending machine!

Daily Gluttony said...

Kristy,

Yes, it's a must to have snacks around! Never know when a last minute mtg's gonna be called or if you have to stay late!

Yoony,

Thanks! Anything's better than the vending machines!