Friday, July 08, 2005

These Chilaquiles Weighed Almost A Chila-Kilo


Brick O' Chilaquiles

This is the kind of crap that the cafeteria at work serves. Every Friday is Chilaquiles Day at breakfast time and for 2 bucks, instead of the nice, fried tortilla pieces that are a little crispy at the edges and moistened with egg and chile sauce on the inside that you get at normal places, you get a huge brick of what-the-fuck with a thick layer of cheese on top. For kicks, I weighed it at the cashier's scale--it weighed almost a pound. Don't ask me why I bought it; I must have been smoking crack this morning. I took two bites and threw the rest out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam - You're right, that does look kinda bad. That bile-yellow color sure doesn't help. Looks like it has already been sitting in someones stomach.

Peeved Michelle said...

I never had Chilaquiles, but whatever that is in the pic looks good to me.

elmomonster said...

Kinda looks like a casserole doesn't it?

Isn't chilaquiles basically a way to get rid of old tortillas?

I've heard it's actually quite delicious when done right...but that one just looks congealed.

Anonymous said...

again with the genius hed, girl. you should consider working for the new york post (and i mean that in the nicest way).

e d b m said...

those chilaquilasagnas look terrible. the ones i had were basically tortilla chips mixed with cheese. this just looks flat. hope your stomach was ok after this warfare.

Daily Gluttony said...

Dylan,

Yeah, fortunately my stomach was OK after eating this, but like I said I only had 2 bites so who knows what woulda happened if I had more. =P