Monday, May 16, 2005

May The Force Be With You

Today my coworker and I saw a woman with a mechanical hand as we were lunching at Baja Fresh. Well, I'm not sure if was a mechanical hand for sure, but she had some bandgaes and braces on it that had these coppery wirey things sticking out of the fingers and connecting back to the wrist part. I can't imagine what awful injury would cause that poor woman to have to wear a contraption like that. I really hope that her phalanges aren't in that much pain, so I'm gonna go with the possibility that she's wearing the mechanical hand as a tribute to the upcoming release of Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith. Or maybe she is actually a Jedi who lost her forearm in a lightsaber duel.

1 comment:

Eddie Lin said...

At least she wasn't dressed up as Jar Jar Binks. Then I'd have to show up in my Darth Vader costume and kill him with only the wave of my hand. I heart the Dark Side.