Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Food Mysteries Unsolved: Asparagus Pee



In order to get my day's fill of folic acid, I decided to roast some asparagus for dinner. One of my favorite vegetable side dishes, roasted asparagus is extremely easy to prepare: drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, and roast at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. What you get are some glossy, blistery stalks, tender on one end, and slightly crispy at the spear with a nice woodsy flavor.

And some really evil smelling pee.

I was curious, so I went here to get more info on the mysteries of asparagus pee. You can, too, if you're wondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pam - Thanks for solving(sniffing out) this somewhat disturbing (well, i guess not really - unless someone is checking your pee)occurrence. Note to self - eat at least 7 kilo's before my next Urinalysis!