Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Plan B: Lunch on Skankershim Blvd.

I am convinced that someone is out to get me. I had to go get a smog check today, so being that there is a Jonathan Gold-recommended restaurant half a block away from the service station, I decided that it would be a great opportunity to drop off the car and walk to Las Palmas Cuban and Spanish Restaurant to have lunch. Dropping off the car was no problem. The problem was the three of us office gals walking in our business attire and heels down Victory Blvd. only to find out that Las Palmas was closed. Completely dark. Not a sign of life. I drove by last night just to check the proximity of the restaurant to the service station. It was open. Jonathan Gold's book, Counter Intelligence, says that this place is open for LUNCH and dinner daily. The hours posted said open from 12-8 Wednesdays. There is a painted sign on the side of the building advertising LUNCH specials. So why the hell wasn't it open for lunch today, Wednesday 5/11, when I, Pam, planned to go? Why? We had to hobble back down Victory past the bus stop o' freaks. Fortunately, Roma Deli was around the corner on Lankershim Blvd. (a.k.a. Skankershim) and was open. But still, why? WHY?

At least I passed my smog check.

No comments: